Thursday, October 14, 2010

Carrot apple muffins

The irresponsible side of me decided to make muffins instead of studying this afternoon. But I have an arguably good excuse: my apples were rapidly approaching their final days, so I needed to reincarnate them into something more palatable than what they would have been in their raw form. But because I do have too much studying to attend to, this very short introduction to tickle your taste buds, a simple recipe, and a few pictures is all I can offer.



1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 24 muffin cups (2 muffin tins).
2. In a large bowl, combine:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1¼ cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • ½ salt
  • pinch of powdered ginger 
  • 2 teaspoons cinammon
3. In another large bowl, combine:
  • ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • ½ cup raisins
  • ½ cup chopped nuts
  • 2 cups finely grated carrots
  • 1 grated apple
4. In another medium bowl, whisk together:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5.  Pour the egg mixture into the carrot-apple mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Make a well in the center of the flour, then add the egg-carrot-apple mixture. Mix until just combined. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way with the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, how I can relate to cooking instead of studying... weekly, at least. These look awesome! The next time I want to procrastinate I'll give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete