Monday, July 26, 2010

Olive & roasted red pepper tapenade

My friend and I were wanting to make some bruschetta for a vegan dinner we were going to. We were in charge of bringing appetizers, and bruschetta seemed like a fitting complement to the vegan lasagna we were going to have for entree. I thought about how we could add a twist on your typical tomato bruschetta, and I thought about making an olive tapenade to spread on the crostini, and then top it with the tomato topping. This tapenade was so delicious, with or without the bruschetta topping...I really recommend this simple recipe, it's a very easy appetizer to make the next time you have friends over.

In a food processor, pulse together:
  • 1/2 cup chopped kalmata olives
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • 1 tablespoon capers
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Simple as that!

1 comment:

  1. Thx so much for the cookie jar! Currently filled with chocolate chip cookies. :)
    Best wishes on your new life in Iowa. I know you'll go from strengthy to strength.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete